Two brothers are reported to be considering legal action after suffering injuries in a gas explosion.
Amjad and Azmat Iqbal were involved in the blast that happened in Shelton, Staffordshire last week. They were sat in their van when an empty terrace house exploded due to a gas leak.
The brothers’ van was pelted in debris from the house. The vehicle was filled with building dust, and bricks landing on the roof caused it to cave in. Both of them suffered minor injuries in the incident, and needed treatment by ambulance staff for cuts and back pain, amongst other things.
The brother’s also reportedly had £10,000 worth of frozen poultry in the van from their delivery business. The Sentinel newspaper now reports that the pair are considering legal action over the incident.
Azmat Iqbal tells the paper that he believes the National Grid and Stoke-on-Trent City Council took too long to act on the smell of gas coming from the house. Local residents had reportedly previously contacted the National Grid to inform them of the smell of gas coming from the property.
The explosion reduced the house to rubble, and a pregnant woman who was in one of the neighbouring houses also required medical treatment.