A husband devastated by the loss of the love of his life, told how his work clothes were responsible for her death.
The couple had three children, six grandchildren and one great grandchild and had been married for 47 years. John Moaby said when they found out his wife Yvonne who sadly died aged 66, was dying from the asbestos related illness mesothelioma he was devastated and described his wife as the nicest woman in the world and kind hearted.
It was said that Yvonne was struck down with a suspected chest infection in January last year, but further tests revealed tiny asbestos fibres which they believe came from John’s overalls.
Mr Moaby said when he returned from work his wife Yvonne would hand wash or shake out his clothes before laying them ready for the following day.
The devastating news was broken to the couple in April and they begun to seek action for an industrial disease compensation claim, so they could enjoy the last few months together.
Mr Moaby worked for the Southern Electricity Board installing heaters in the 1960s, the company accepted responsibility and paid an interim payment of £50,000 which is likely to go up and be finalised by the early months of next year.